- In Ukraine until October 10, 2021 all legal entities must file a Report on the ultimate beneficiaries.
In Ukraine until October 10, 2021 all legal entities must file a Report on the ultimate beneficiaries.
Who has to submit it?
IMPORTANT: a sole proprietorship does not have beneficiaries. If you are registered as an sole proprietorship and are not a founder of a legal entity, read no further.
All legal entities, regardless of the form of business: LLC, JSC, PE, must submit a report, otherwise you will face heavy fines.
Only the following persons do not have to submit beneficiary information:
- Political parties;
- trade unions;
- political parties, trade unions, creative unions;
- Political parties, trade unions, creative unions, employers' organizations and their associations;
- bar associations;
- Associations of co-owners of apartment buildings (condominiums);
- religious organizations;
- governmental bodies;
- state and municipal enterprises;
- Institutions, organizations, health care facilities under state or communal ownership of the territorial community or united territorial community.
Who are the beneficiaries?
A beneficiary is a person who controls the activity of a legal entity.
If the founder of a company is a legal entity, it is not a beneficiary. Only a natural person can be a beneficiary. Therefore, you must specify the natural person who controls the founder-legal entity. (If the entrepreneur has a stake in the business of 25% or more)
What documents do I have to submit?
It is necessary to submit:
- application for state registration of a legal entity (except for public formations and authorities) - form 2 or application for state registration of a legal entity of a public formation - form 4;
- structure of ownership in form and content according to the Order on the structure of ownership № 163;
- extract, excerpt or other document from the commercial, bank, court register, confirming the registration of a non-resident legal entity in the country of its location - if the founder of the legal entity is a non-resident legal entity;
- Notarized copy of the document certifying the identity, which has the status of the ultimate beneficial owner of the legal entity - for a non-resident legal entity, and if such document is issued without application of the Unified State Demographic Register means - for a physical person - resident.
Where and how to submit?
You can submit the documents to:
- To the state registrar through Administrative Service Centers (in paper form in person or through the Ukrposhta branch). If sent by post, signatures on application must be certified by a notary (sent by registered mail with acknowledgement of receipt and list of enclosures through the post office of Ukrposhta);
- to the notary.