Make easy a unique value proposition?
The team of experts at the business matchmaking service has put together some tips on how to create an unique value proposition.
What is a unique value proposition?
A unique value proposition (UVP) is the reason your customers should choose your product or service over your competitors. What they expect from your company, your advantage.
This proposition will help you create a great marketing strategy, attract new customers and retain existing ones.
In order to put together a UVP, you need to answer a few questions:
- What makes you stand out from the competition?
- What does your product or service do?
- What is its value?
So how do you prepare a unique value proposition?
A good UVP is more than just a beautiful and succinct slogan. To "hook" your customers you must understand what drives your customers.
Do your research. Don't think your UVP won't change over time, do new research from time to time to identify your customers' problems and give them what they want.
Our tips for creating a UVP
- Research your target audience. Don't make the frequent mistake of start-ups - don't think your customers are all human. Don't try to appeal to everyone - your message will get lost. Test your UVP on a group of people.
- Do your research on your competitors. To understand what makes your product or service better, you need to know what your competitors offer.
- Write out on paper how your product or service solves your customers' problem. This saves them time, helps them with their pain points, is it more affordable than your competitors?
The process of creating a UVP is not quick, but it is definitely worth the effort!