Facebook and Instagram could shut down in the EU: what entrepreneurs can do
Social networking sites Facebook and Instagram could be shut down in Europe because their data transfer policies do not comply with European privacy law. European data processing law prevents Meta from transferring, storing and processing European residents' data on servers in the US. Meta is talking about the possible closure of these social networks within the EU.
An EU court struck down the previous agreement, dubbed Privacy Shield, in 2020 because of concerns that it would not be able to secure data for Europeans once it was sent to the US.
Without a transnational deal, Meta could face legal and regulatory hurdles in transferring user data, which plays a key role in its lucrative advertising business, which accounts for the bulk of the company's annual revenue.
The EU has the toughest personal data protection law, the GDPR. This Regulation imposes strict requirements on any online resource. Companies that do not comply with GDPR are at risk of losing their data.
So, what should entrepreneurs and business owners do if Facebook and Instagram are shut down in Ukraine?
Alternative to Facebook and Instagram
bepartner becomes a specialized social network for entrepreneurs.
The main purpose of bepartner team is to help you to find a business partner, an investor, specialist in your business project.
The social network bepartner is for you if you have something to say, to share the success of your business project, to ask for advice from experienced businessmen, to become part of the international community of entrepreneurs.
If you are an expert in your field and want to share your experience with aspiring entrepreneurs, start-ups, and founders.
An investor who is looking for a business project to invest in.
Advantages of bepartner
- A great online platform to meet business partners, investors, professionals. Your profile will be seen by potential partners and information will be automatically translated into English.
- Possibility to contact investors, entrepreneurs and experts directly.
- A convenient search of the information you need with the help of filters.
- Possibility to receive notifications about projects you are interested in by email. You won't miss anything important.
- You can use services of paid packages Standard and Premium. Standard and Premium packages will give you significant advantages.
- You will only reveal your contact details to those people you want to continue communicating with.
- The bepartner platform has created a communication feed for entrepreneurs. It is a symbiosis between messenger chats and social network groups. You can use the feed on our platform as a blog of your project, where you can share successes, company dynamics and updates. As well as to discuss general business topics (fundraising, work, news, b2b partnerships, sales, etc.).
"We never cease to believe in the importance of bringing founders and companies together for successful partnerships, which remains the foundation of our philosophy. We hope the social network will push all of us towards this goal and new opportunities." - says Darina Avlastymova, founder of business partner search service bepartner.